If you’re looking for a fun and affordable way to spend your Sunday, car boot sales might be just the thing for you. These sales are a great opportunity to find unique items and great deals, as well as a chance to make some extra money by selling your own unwanted items. In this article, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about Sunday car boot sales in London, including their availability, timings, and locations.
Are There Car Boot Sales on Sunday in London?
Yes, there are several car boot sales that take place on Sundays in London. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Wimbledon Car Boot Sale – Open every Sunday from 6 am to 1 pm, the Wimbledon Car Boot Sale is one of the biggest and most popular car boot sales in London. The sale takes place in the Wimbledon Stadium car park and features over 200 stalls selling everything from clothes to electronics.
- Battersea Car Boot Sale – Held every Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm, the Battersea Car Boot Sale is a great option for those who want to sleep in a bit. This sale is held in the Battersea Arts Centre courtyard and features a variety of stalls selling second-hand goods and antiques.
- East London Car Boot Sale – Open every Sunday from 8 am to 3 pm, the East London Car Boot Sale is held in the grounds of the Bargain Hunt Market in Walthamstow. This sale is known for its friendly atmosphere and is a great option for those looking for a more laid-back shopping experience.
- Hackney Flea Market & Car Boot Sale – Held on selected Sundays throughout the year, the Hackney Flea Market & Car Boot Sale is a great option for those who want to browse vintage and retro items. This sale takes place in the Abney Public Hall in Stoke Newington and features a variety of unique stalls.
- Charlton Car Boot Sale – Open every Sunday from 6 am to 3 pm, the Charlton Car Boot Sale is held at the Charlton Athletic Football Club car park. This sale is known for its affordable prices and features a variety of stalls selling a wide range of items.
When Do Car Boot Sales in London Take Place?
Most car boot sales in London take place on Sundays, although there are some that take place on Saturdays or Fridays. The timings for these sales can vary, with some starting as early as 6 am and others ending as late as 5 pm. It’s always a good idea to check the timings of a sale before heading out, as they can change from week to week.
Other Car Boot Sales Across the UK
If you’re not in London or are looking for other car boot sales to attend, there are plenty of options across the UK. Some of the most popular ones include:
- South of England Car Boot Sale – Held on selected Sundays throughout the year, the South of England Car Boot Sale takes place in Fontwell, West Sussex. This sale is known for its variety of stalls and friendly atmosphere.
- Lincolnshire Boot Sales – Held on selected Sundays throughout the year, Lincolnshire Boot Sales takes place in a variety of locations across Lincolnshire. This sale is known for its affordable prices and great selection of second-hand goods.
- Car Boot Sales in Edinburgh Area – There are several car boot sales that take place in and around Edinburgh, including the Portobello Market, which takes place every Saturday.
- Car Boot Sales in South Wales – There are also several car boot sales that take place in South Wales, including the Caerphilly Car Boot Sale, which takes place every Sunday.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Boot Sales
Here are some frequently asked questions about car boot sales:
- What Should I Bring to a Car Boot Sale?
If you’re planning on selling items at a car boot sale, it’s a good idea to bring a table or tarpaulin to display your items on, as well as plenty of change and carrier bags for your customers. If you’re attending a car boot sale as a buyer, you should bring cash, as many sellers won’t accept card payments.
- Can I Haggle at a Car Boot Sale?
Yes, haggling is a common practice at car boot sales. However, it’s important to be polite and respectful when negotiating prices with sellers.
- What Can I Sell at a Car Boot Sale?
You can sell a wide variety of items at a car boot sale, including clothes, toys, electronics, books, and homeware. However, it’s important to remember that some car boot sales may have restrictions on certain items, such as food or weapons.
- Can I Reserve a Stall at a Car Boot Sale?
Most car boot sales operate on a first-come, first-served basis, meaning that you can’t reserve a stall in advance. However, it’s always a good idea to arrive early to secure a good spot.
Attending a car boot sale can be a fun and rewarding experience, whether you’re looking to buy or sell items. In London, there are several car boot sales that take place on Sundays, as well as other sales across the UK. By following our tips and advice, you’ll be well-prepared to make the most of your car boot sale experience. Happy hunting!